As a state-certified music teacher (Richard Strauss Conservatory Munich, Academy of Music (graduated 1990, top of the class), with more than 30 years of professional experience as a musician and 16 years at several Bavarian music schools including the Städtische Sing- und Musikschule München), I offer private music training in guitar, piano, German speech and music theory, online and offline.
Due to the still ongoing Corona pandemic, my music lessons currently take place 50 % virtually/digitally and 50 % in presence if required (and possible), with FFP2 mask obligation. Virtual music lessons are possible without restrictions, e.g. for theory lessons, individually 1:1 or also in groups (in so-called virtual classrooms). As a tutor in the field of state-supported professional further education, I have a lot of experience in this regard. For example, I have taught groups of 20 participants in virtual classrooms at Alfatraining.
Instrumental lessons are also possible virtually to a limited extent, although presence is of course preferred.
For virtual lessons: the necessary technical setup for this is basically:
- A working PC/MAC or laptop with a webcam and a current operating system (Windows 10/11, MAC Cataline, etc.).
- A stable and not too slow internet connection (approx. min. 50 MBit), whereby your computer should be connected directly to the router via LAN and if possible not via WLAN.
- A headset with USB connection and microphone.
- For instrumental lessons additionally a digital or analog desktop microphone (for analog microphones you need an audio interface, for digital ones usually not).
- A reasonably quiet and not too reverberant room (preferably no loud ambient noise with no echo too).
- A current browser such as Mozilla Firefox or Chrome.
- A (free) software for video conferencing such as Skype or other.
Of course, I will support you with online testing of the setup free of charge including an approx. 30-minute trial session. But: I don't sell any equipment! (no hardware or software)
My teaching offers:
- Guitar and piano (classical, pop/rock, solo and song accompaniment)
- General music theory (acoustics, music history, work analysis)
- Harmony and notation
- Arrangements (transcriptions, choral settings, arrangements, etc.)
- Ensemble playing (literature, arrangements, ensemble playing)
- Articulation and speech training: learn the correct High German pronunciation (according to Julius Hey), also for foreign (non-native) lecturers, actors and speakers!
- Ear training (with singing)
- Basic price per 15-minute unit individual lessons: 15 € - minimum lesson time is 30 minutes, maximum 120 minutes (intensive).
- No lessons during vacations (except by special request and agreement). No paid vacations! Virtual pedagogy, methodology, didactics coaching for music teachers! I have taught more than 500 students of all ages in my previous music teaching career and can give you valuable tips for teaching, dealing with students and possible problems in the classroom (e.g. practice blockades, dealing with stage fright, concert and exam preparation, audition fears, etc.).
- I also provide assistance with literature selection, school works, work interpretation and practice material for individual, group and ensemble lessons with classical guitar.
- Online coaching, webinars and one-on-one sessions via Skype, Youtube livestream etc. e.g. for distance theory lessons, discussion of questions about work interpretations and/or difficulties in practicing and virtual music lessons.
For beginners and advanced students. Also preparation for entrance exams, choir rehearsals, concerts and studies. Learn to play music individually or in small groups. All ages from 1st grade. Flexible lesson times. Discounts for prepayers (minimum 12 lessons). Free trial lesson without obligation! More info on request (contact see navigation)